NORFOLK The Norfolk Volunteer Fire Department and Rescue Squad responded early Friday afternoon to a small structure fire at 394 Grantville Road that resulted in little damage.
Four people, including resident Joe Malone, were in the home at the time of the fire, but no injuries were reported.
When we got here, the fire was underneath the trailer. The guy that lives here was trying to thaw a pipe early this morning, and we believe that he might have caught some of the paper on the insulation on fire and didnt realize it, Fire Chief Greg Monroe said.
Mr. Monroe said Mr. Malone had gone to get a heater to thaw another line that was frozen. He noticed the fire when he returned and pulled off the homes skirting.
It got the air, and she flamed out and broke underneath the trailer, Mr. Monroe said.
Mr. Monroe said the department responded to the incident shortly after 1 p.m.