NORFOLK - Both the Norfolk Fire Department and Norfolk Rescue Squad responded to a small structure fire at 394 Grantville Road, Norfolk, early Friday afternoon that resulted in little damage.
Four people, including resident Joe Malone were in the home at the time of the fire, but no injuries were reported.
When we got here, the fire was underneath the trailer. The guy that lives here was trying to thaw a pipe early this morning and we believe that he might have caught some of the paper on the insulation, (started) a fire and didnt realize it, Fire Chief Greg Monroe said. He went to get another heater to come back and see if he could hook on another line that was frozen and went to the washer and when he pulled off the skirting, it got the air and she flamed out and broke underneath the trailer.
Mr. Monroe and the rest of the fire crew responded to the incident shortly after 1 p.m.