LOWVILLE Lowville firefighters quickly extinguished a fryer fire early Tuesday at the McDonalds restaurant on Utica Boulevard.
Firefighters were called to the eatery at 3:38 a.m. after the fryer caught fire and the exhaust hood sucked flames outside through the vent, according to Lowville Fire Chief Timothy N. Bush.
However, the restaurants Ansul fire suppression system put out most of it, and volunteers finished off the blaze with an extinguisher, Mr. Bush said.
There was no damage except for residue from the Ansul system, he said.
The restaurant closed temporarily around midmorning Tuesday for maintenance, according to a sign posted on the door.