Northern New York Newspapers
Watertown
Ogdensburg
Massena-Potsdam
Lowville
Carthage
Malone
NNY Business
NNY Living
NNY Ads
Tue., Apr. 21
ADVERTISE SUBSCRIBE
Serving the communities of Jefferson, St. Lawrence and Lewis counties, New York
In print daily. Online always.

Heuvelton House Fire Blamed On Wood Stove Chimney

PREV
NEXT
ARTICLE OPTIONS
A A
print this article
e-mail this article

HEUVELTON - An over-heated wood stove chimney was the cause of a house fire at 126 Lost Village Road Monday night, according to a release by the St. Lawrence County Fire Investigation Team.

Firefighters from Heuvelton were assisted by the Morristown and Brier Hill volunteer fire departments and the Ogdensburg Rescue Squad while putting out the fire.

The home, owned by Christopher Weston, was totally destroyed by the fire according to fire investigation team.

Heuvelton Fire Chief Mark D. Basford, however, said they managed to pull out the majority of Mr. Weston’s personal belongings, including Christmas presents.

“I wouldn’t consider it a total loss,” he said. “The house is pretty much salvageable from what I can see.”

Firefighters arrived at 8 p.m. and left at 10:26 p.m.

The home was uninsured. No injuries were reported.

Commenting rules:
  1. Stick to the topic of the article/letter/editorial.
  2. When responding to issues raised by other commenters, do not engage in personal attacks or name-calling.
  3. Comments that include profanity/obscenities or are libelous in nature will be removed without warning.
Violators' commenting privileges may be revoked indefinitely. By commenting you agree to our full Terms of Use.
Giveaway
Syracuse Football Tickets Giveaway
Connect with Us
WDT News FeedsWDT on FacebookWDT on TwitterWDT on InstagramWDT for iOS: iPad, iPhone, and iPod touchWDT for Android
Showcase of Homes
Showcase of Homes