Northern New York Newspapers
Watertown Daily Times
The Journal
Daily Courier-Observer
NNY Business
NNY Living
Malone Telegram
Mon., Jul. 14
Serving the communities of Jefferson, St. Lawrence and Lewis counties, New York
In print daily. Online always.
Related Stories

Heuvelton House Fire Blamed On Wood Stove Chimney

print this article
e-mail this article

HEUVELTON - An over-heated wood stove chimney was the cause of a house fire at 126 Lost Village Road Monday night, according to a release by the St. Lawrence County Fire Investigation Team.

Firefighters from Heuvelton were assisted by the Morristown and Brier Hill volunteer fire departments and the Ogdensburg Rescue Squad while putting out the fire.

The home, owned by Christopher Weston, was totally destroyed by the fire according to fire investigation team.

Heuvelton Fire Chief Mark D. Basford, however, said they managed to pull out the majority of Mr. Weston’s personal belongings, including Christmas presents.

“I wouldn’t consider it a total loss,” he said. “The house is pretty much salvageable from what I can see.”

Firefighters arrived at 8 p.m. and left at 10:26 p.m.

The home was uninsured. No injuries were reported.

Connect with Us
WDT News FeedsWDT on FacebookWDT on TwitterWDT on InstagramWDT for iOS: iPad, iPhone, and iPod touchWDT for Android
Showcase of Homes
Showcase of Homes