The building that houses WWNY-TV 7 studios and the Victims Assistance Center was evacuated early Wednesday after a carbon-monoxide leak sent an employee to the hospital.
Watertown firefighters found a large amount of carbon monoxide in the building, 120 Arcade St., about 1:39 a.m., Battalion Chief Matthew J. Fiorentino said. They ventilated the building and allowed employees to return about 3:38 a.m. A malfunction in the buildings boiler was to blame, Mr. Fiorentino said.
He did not know the identity of the employee taken to Samaritan Medical Center. An employee of the Victims Assistance Center, which is on the second floor of the building, said the centers employee is fine but wouldnt give any other information.