Northern New York Newspapers
Watertown
Ogdensburg
Massena-Potsdam
Lowville
Carthage
Malone
NNY Business
NNY Living
NNY Ads
Fri., Oct. 24
ADVERTISE SUBSCRIBE
Serving the communities of Jefferson, St. Lawrence and Lewis counties, New York
In print daily. Online always.

Faulty fire alarm causes evacuation at Carthage Middle School

PREV
NEXT
ARTICLE OPTIONS
A A
print this article
e-mail this article

WEST CARTHAGE — Carthage Central School District officials said a fire call at the middle school was caused by a malfunctioning smoke alarm.

“There was no smoke or fire present. Students were evacuated to the high school and returned when the alarm system was cleared and reset,” said district Superintendent Peter J. Turner in a news release.

The incident occurred at about 8:10 a.m. The West Carthage Fire Department responded to the scene.

Commenting rules:
  1. Stick to the topic of the article/letter/editorial.
  2. When responding to issues raised by other commenters, do not engage in personal attacks or name-calling.
  3. Comments that include profanity/obscenities or are libelous in nature will be removed without warning.
Violators' commenting privileges may be revoked indefinitely. By commenting you agree to our full Terms of Use.
Giveaway
Syracuse Football Tickets Giveaway
Connect with Us
WDT News FeedsWDT on FacebookWDT on TwitterWDT on InstagramWDT for iOS: iPad, iPhone, and iPod touchWDT for Android
Showcase of Homes
Showcase of Homes