STOCKHOLM - A fire that destroyed the addition of a home at 341 Crane Road is being blamed on a bucket of ashes.
It was ashes from the fire place that had been set in a bucket outside, said Brasher-Winthrop Volunteer Fire Department Chief Pat Kowalchuk when asked about the cause of Sunday afternoons blaze at the home owned and occupied by Jean Arquiett.
Mr. Kowalchuk called the effort, which also included volunteers from the West Stockholm Volunteer Fire Department, a good save.
He said that damage was limited mostly to a small addition on the side of the home.
The fire was reported at 4:11 p.m. Sunday and Mr. Kowalchuk said volunteers checked back into service at around 7 p.m.