This photo from the Potsdam Public Museum archives shows the 1927 Clarkson Tech hockey team playing in the Ives Park Rink in Potsdam. The museum also provided the following background: According to an article in the Ogdensburg Republican, The rink is being managed again this year by George Bush who inspects the tickets and keeps the ice in good condition. The Potsdam Herald on Jan. 14, 1927, listed the following players: Klube, goal tender; McCartney and Wayland (Capt.), guards; Dion, center; Worthing and Hientzman, wings; Longton and Wheeler, subs.According to the Herald-Recorder, April 19, 1935, Murray Walker and Gordon Croskery, then a Professor in the Mechanical Engineering Department at Clarkson, became interested in hockey at Tech. They started a small rink on the river but the practice sessions were difficult since the lowering or raising of the river warped the ice.Then they moved up to the old Fair Grounds next to the high school. Having no funds to hire men to flood the rink, they undertook the job themselves. ... The rink was then transferred to a plot in back of old No. 8 School and thence to Ives Park.