Northern New York Newspapers
Watertown
Ogdensburg
Massena-Potsdam
Lowville
Carthage
Malone
NNY Business
NNY Living
NNY Ads
Fri., Aug. 1
ADVERTISE SUBSCRIBE
Serving the communities of Jefferson, St. Lawrence and Lewis counties, New York
In print daily. Online always.
Related Stories

Clayton house damaged by chimney fire

ARTICLE OPTIONS
A A
print this article
e-mail this article

CLAYTON — A side of the home of Lawrence P. Phinney, 40979 Smithering Heights Road, town of Clayton, was damaged Wednesday night by a blaze caused by an overheated chimney.

Mr. Phinney was home with his three dogs, unaware of what was happening, when a neighbor alerted him to the outdoor fire, according to Joseph D. Plummer, Jefferson County director of fire and emergency management.

Fire units from Clayton, Cape Vincent, Depauville, Fishers Landing and LaFargeville responded to the 7:19 p.m. alarm, and remained on scene for nearly three hours. There were no injuries. The property is insured.

A wood-burning stove was in use, Mr. Plummer said.

Connect with Us
WDT News FeedsWDT on FacebookWDT on TwitterWDT on InstagramWDT for iOS: iPad, iPhone, and iPod touchWDT for Android
Showcase of Homes
Showcase of Homes