Northern New York Newspapers
Watertown
Ogdensburg
Massena-Potsdam
Lowville
Carthage
Malone
NNY Business
NNY Living
NNY Ads
Tue., Sep. 16
ADVERTISE SUBSCRIBE
Serving the communities of Jefferson, St. Lawrence and Lewis counties, New York
In print daily. Online always.
Related Stories

Stove fire causes minor damage to garage at Watson market

ARTICLE OPTIONS
A A
print this article
e-mail this article

WATSON — A garage at a town of Watson market on Thursday morning sustained minimal damage from a stove fire in the building.

Lowville firefighters at 11:01 a.m. responded to Miller’s Meat Market, 6525 Number Four Road, and extinguished the blaze.

The garage’s structure and contents were deemed minimally damaged, according to Lewis County Fire Coordinator James M. Martin.

The fire was caused by accidentally turning on a stove that was not normally in use, igniting some debris on it, Mr. Martin said.

There was insurance on the structure.

The blaze did not affect Miller’s adjacent meat and grocery store.

Connect with Us
WDT News FeedsWDT on FacebookWDT on TwitterWDT on InstagramWDT for iOS: iPad, iPhone, and iPod touchWDT for Android
Showcase of Homes
Showcase of Homes